Meet Special Agent Barbara Cardin
Barbara Cardin is the co-owner and Chief Operating Officer of Wheat Communications, Inc., an Oklahoma based Web Services company offering web site development and hosting, database integration, Internet marketing and domain name services. Her background is in website development, search engine placement, art, writing, communication, and education. She received her BS in Education at the State University of New York at Buffalo and her Masters in Arts in counseling at the University of Oklahoma, with multiple post-graduate courses.
Barbara T. Cardin knows the Internet Community and she has decades of experience working with businesses. She is active in many online communities, both professionally and personally. She knows who is online, knows what they look for, and knows how to present information in a manner to inspire confidence and respect.
Barbara knows how to communicate a business' information using the Internet. Her background in education and writing, along with her counseling and training experience, has provided her with a unique mixture of abilities to help companies present themselves on the Web. This background, combined with her knowledge of the Internet, enables her to offer a level of professional web site development not found elsewhere.
Barbara is passionate about developing Internet Marketing programs for businesses. She feels strongly about making sure the public and other businesses know the value of her clients' work. She spends hours researching and implementing strategic Google AdWords campaigns for her clients. She wants them to become better known and wants to see their company become stronger. She is passionate about making use of the Internet resources for her business clients. She has researched and determined some of the very best ways to achieve strong results without spending a fortune on Internet advertising.
Barbara has over 20 years of professional counseling experience. She has also written professionally, served at administrative levels and conducted adult education workshops. She developed a Pain Management and Stress
Management program for an Oklahoma City based Pain clinic, taught those skills to patients and professionals, and spoke at many organizations about Stress Management and related topics. She created OKSeniors.com, one of the
Internet's most comprehensive resource centers for seniors, caregivers and professionals. And as a moderator of the Hoflin Miniature Schnauzer E-mail List (an international E-mail list for Miniature Schnauzer lovers), she helped build that online community from 60 to over 700 members
- Extensive course work in web site development, E-Commerce, Macromedia Flash, and more. Researched the impact of the Internet on the counseling profession. 1997 to present.
- Post graduate courses in communications and counseling (with honors), University of Central Oklahoma and University of Oklahoma. 1994-1995
- Continuing Education courses in administration, communication, pain management, stress management, and counseling. 1985-1995
- M.A. in Human Relations (with honors), University of Oklahoma. 1985.
- B.A. in Education (with honors), State University of New York, Buffalo, NY. 1973.
- International Web Masters Association: National association for webmasters and online writers providing professional standards, benefits, and support
- Northwest Oklahoma City Rotary Club
- ELC Roundtable
- Northwest Chamber
- Various Online professional interest groups
- Metroplex Business Leaders
- She has been a member of and active in the American Counseling Association, the American Miniature Schnauzer Club, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, the South Oklahoma City Chamber of Commerce, civic
groups, and other community activities.
You can view her profiles on LinkedIn and Facebook.